Title: Product Specialist
Location: Boston, MA 02210
Length: Full Time
Rate: targeting $100-130K
Rapidly growing enterprise software company seeks talent new Product Specialist. The Product Specialist supports the product development lifecycle and partners with development, delivery, finance, sales, and support teams on new and existing customer engagements and is primarily responsible for being a subject matter expert on our Software product capabilities.
Activities include supporting product enhancements driven by customer and/or product road map requirements, articulating product features and benefits to various internal and external teams, and demonstrating financial and business solutions which will satisfy the customer’s needs. An accomplished, self-motivated Business Analyst or Accounting professional who has experience designing, testing, and supporting financial accounting solutions. This role is expected to travel throughout North America as required, with occasional trips to Europe (which may include Head Office in London and Development in Wroclaw, Poland).
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) from both a functional and technical perspective in our Revenue Recognition Engine (ARRE) product.
- Perform operational accounting related Business Analysis as it pertains to the mapping of our Software products and solution to customer requirements.
- Support all phases of our Software’s product development lifecycle from design through release.
- Execute and/or assist with our Software product testing including defect resolution, enhancement acceptance, client configuration, and business quality
- Assist with roll-out and support of partners for managed services of our Software’s products.
- Configure and lead demonstrations of our Software products and solutions to customer requirements.
- Support RFP & RFI processes.
- Manage tasks and deliverables to complete tasks and projects on schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with the customer, project leads, sales team, and finance and support SME’s.
- Experience with operational accounting processes and procedures within large and complex organizations.
- Experience with implementing Financial Systems/General Ledger projects.
- Superior ability to identify and translate customer requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Flexible to new situations and challenges.
- Experience with presenting finance solutions to broad business and IT audiences.
- Experience in working with data driven projects (i.e. Data warehouses, datamarts, accounting engines, sub-ledgers, general ledgers).
- Experience in Finance reporting a plus.
- Has presence and credibility and is able to gain the buy-in of a diverse community of business stakeholders, technology teams, peers, project managers, and external partners.
- Highly intelligent, creative and innovative, but with the discipline and hands on approach and personal drive to achieve practical results.
- Familiarity with the new ASC 606 / IFRS 15 Revenue Accounting standard a huge
Nice to haves:
- Rules Based Software
- Back-office Finance IT Architecture
- Revenue Management Software
- Telecommunications Sector
- High-Tech Sector
- Software Sector