Our client is a leading global law firm with offices in 24 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. They are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Information Technology department in Chicago as a Network Services Engineer.
The Network Services Engineer is responsible for the operation of the firm’s network infrastructure and associated services covering all aspects of hardware, software and management, including Router/Switch, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, Internet Connectivity, Wireless, WAN Optimizers, IIS, Load balancers, Firewalls, External DNS, Certificates and remote VPN access.
- Implementation, configuration and maintenance of a robust, reliable secure network service in line with industry standards and best practices
- Ensure that any issues on the network are resolved and dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure preventative maintenance is regularly scheduled and communicated to the business, and that any impact is kept to a minimum
- Implement and monitor the Firms’ network disaster recovery and business continuity configurations, ensuring there is no single point of failure, by providing resilient and dynamic failover solutions where possible
- Manage the network performance monitoring tools, making sure they are consistent with Firm standards and methodologies
- Define and manage ongoing network operational requirements, analysis, selection, design, development, implementation and network operations testing
- Manage escalated network related tickets in accordance with local, regional and global Customer Services standards and processes
- Lead relevant network related technical initiatives on projects
- Oversee configurations of network equipment to ensure they are properly backed up and manage all web servers within the firm, specifically IIS and .net components
- Under general direction, plan and evaluate complex existing network systems and make recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels
- Provide on-call support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience is closely related to the functions of the job
- 10+ years experience working within an IT operational environment preferred
- 5+ years configuration, implementation and the troubleshooting of routing and switching architecture required
- 5+ years configuring, implementing and troubleshooting VPN's, firewalls and wireless technologies desirable
- Knowledge of network management tools and processes
- Experience of WAN acceleration technologies, network security tools and processes
- Experience of IP-PBX Technologies, SIP and H.323 is desirable
- Industry recognized networking qualifications are strongly preferred