Front End Developer Job Description:
This is a full-time opportunity for a User Interface Designer with experience to join a start-up team in one of the most-admired wealth management organizations in the world. This role sits in a small marketing team that is leading efforts to support the Wealth lines of business for their customers. This role is for someone who is strong in coding in HTML5 and CSS3, but who is also passionate in building out processes and making recommendations on technologies for this growing group. They will oversee and orchestrate large IT teams and agencies who are helping on projects.
They have the production skills to be able to produce visual designs in Sketch (or Adobe Illustrator) and then turn them into HTML and CSS code that deals with the wonders of browser compatibilities.
- Create Web application front end as per design comps and information architecture
- Follow best practices and standards for accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Collect feedback from design and technical staff on Website development needs
- Abide by established coding standards and procedures individually and in teams
- Create conceptual diagrams, visual mock-ups, and manage detailed user interface specifications
- Conduct usability testing to resolve interface problems
- Engage in requirement specification process for new software functionality
- Ensure design consistency with client’s development standards and guidelines
- Design and build UIs on any server platform in a team environment
- Plan, estimate and scope development work and collaborate with project managers to track tasks as needed
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or Bachelor's degree in Web Development and/or Graphic Design is preferred.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Experience with responsive layouts, CSS grid frameworks and CSS preprocessors, like SASS (optional).
- Ability to find and solve problems both creatively and effectively.