Title: .Net Developer
Location: Chicago, IL 60606
Length: Full Time
Salary range: $110-115K
Visa: US or GC Only
Responsible for evaluating new techniques, practices, or technologies that meet the corporation's strategic goals. Evaluates the bank's current EDP environment in light of new practices in a designated industry or area of expertise. Communicates with systems and partners at all levels about new processes and recommendations. Acts as a business/technical consultant to other partners and coordinates implementation of new processes and techniques.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
1. Consults with partners from systems and other business units regarding new techniques, practices, or technologies in data processing and the impact of proposed and ongoing projects.
2. Evaluates and makes recommendation on techniques, practices, or technologies that would enhance business needs. Also, does work to ensure continuous process improvements.
3. Communicates with systems, vendors, and partners at all levels in the business unit, and clients about new technology/systems issues that would enhance current practices/maintain system availability and service level agreements.
4. Provides input into strategic planning and long-range direction for technology in the business unit.
5. Acts as the technical or business consultant on project development/production health, new techniques and the implementation of new processes.
6. Develops or maintains computer programs, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and installation as needed.
7. Conducts feasibility studies and defines and designs system requirements for complex data processing projects.
8. Prepares project phase reports, including requirements, feasibility, definition and design. May also review and validate requirements, definition and design to evaluate production impact and support requirements
9. Carries out activities that are large in scope and technically difficult
10. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
Knowledge of programming languages, various business applications, state of the art technology, and current trends in the computer industry is required to evaluate and recommend modern technologies.
Knowledge of various application designs and programming techniques, usually acquired through related experience, is required to evaluate processes.
Analytical and problem-solving skills are needed for systems guidance.
Knowledge of basic brokerage and trading concepts.
FIX messaging protocol and Bloomberg API knowledge a huge plus.
Extensive experience in: